Thursday 21 February 2008

Not for the squeamish

Here's a scary photo of the Plaster-hacker Monster who's been in our house recently. Thankfully his job is almost done. Today I have undercoated all the woodwork in the sitting room, and we have made a Decision on tiles for the new fireplace.

I find myself most content with our current life, given the qualms I had about moving.
We are comparatively clockless, certainly as concerns getting-up time. So that last night when I woke around 4am. it was OK to get up and look up at the sky and see the eclipse, and then to wake Himself who got up and took a photo of it. No need to worry about getting up late, though in theory I'd prefer 7 o'clock.

And we are eating well, mainly because I'm still overcatering, but also because I'm being Organised. Miss P thinks that's bizarre but it really helps me to know what's on the menu each day and that I've shopped for it.
We are trying a different shopping area each week, and so far I've discovered I don't like Aldi at all (Head of Finance likes the bargains, though) or Summerfield not much better. Tuffins is quirky and refreshingly unsophisticated, but Tesco is probably tops for fruit and veg. Sadly, we have no Waitrose.
This is turning into a very Stepford Wives meandering.
We had the Rev S to dinner this week and found that she doesn't use supermarkets at all, since seeing a TV prog about their appalling lack of hygiene. That strikes me as quite an achievement. Somehow I don't think the Head of Finance would approve if I tried that trick though.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: