Sunday 11 May 2008

May

May is definitely my favourite month, the best time to be in England. And although it seems only yesterday I said it was spring, now we have summer. It would be churlish of me to wonder if this is it, and I do hope there will still be some good weather when the Tanzanian Family arrive in June.
Today we had a young family to lunch, well young by our standards anyway. Hurrah and hallelujah! We don't want to be stuck with just the old folks like some anteroom to the residential home.
Our young friends are twigs on the family tree, so they came to see the chart and scrapbook from the Family Reunion we had several years ago. Their children are very fussy eaters, so we had DIY pizzas with everyone making their own toppings. It taught me that a) making pizzas is dead easy and impresses the guests and b) if you don't put passata on your pizza it will never look cooked.
Now that the Head of Finance is taking an interest in my putative plans for America in the fall, things are hotting up.

No comments: