Tuesday 23 September 2008

Archiving

One thing that spurred me to retirement was the thought of all the things that needed sorting, mostly of the archiving variety. For instance, all the photos. We made the mistake of not having indiviual albums for our children, so to minimise future hassle I feel that it would be good to create them now. It's on the ToDo List. I guess now most folk keep their photos on computers it would be easy to file them in separate folders. But not so much fun for children as looking through albums.
Then there are the family archives: stories to be written to make sense of the years of research and my in-laws wartime love letters. Just what should I do with them when I've read them? I am putting off doing so because I feel like a voyeur and yet the historian in me can't bring myself to just throw them away.
Anyway, that's all in the future for now, because tomorrow we're off! Watch this space and hopefully we'll be able to keep you posted on our trip to the States.
Chicago, here's we come.


Saga sisters

Gardens at Abbaye de Valloires
Posted by Picasa

No comments: