Thursday 4 December 2008

Blaise Hamlet


On Monday we had a Saga Day out with brothers and wives. One cheeky niece remarked that she hoped we all turned up! Really! Courtesy of the net I organised a good place, though I say it myself. I even used another blog, called Heatheronhertravels, which came up when I put Blaise Hamlet in the search engine. We used her ideas although the weather wasn't quite up to scratch for walking. We met at the cafe in Blaise Castle car park, walked to the Hamlet and then had lunch at Kings Weston House where the tearoom was a little disappointing but it did have a real fire and the meal prices were good.
Blaise hamlet is owned by the NT and was built for pensioners of a grand estate many moons ago. Just look at those wonderful chimneys. He must have been quite some lord of the manor to build houses like these for his aged workers. It's the sort of place I'd like to take American visitors to. The nine or so cottages are not open to the public, but you can walk round the green.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: