Wednesday 15 April 2009

Wildlife

Bother, I got rumbled because of my last entry and lost my village anonymity. Let's hope it's only one person, and that a friend. I've tried editing The Word to see if that makes any difference and notice that it's not found now if you search under UK, but is if you search under World. Strange.
Easter was rather quiet, not a single egg to give or receive though I did get HoF a bar of milk chocolate as he complained about it's lack. I suppose we are saving, not having to buy thirteen Easter eggs a year, but some hugs would have been welcomed from little people. We are going to visit the Irish Family soon which will be nice.
Here are some photos of local wildlife. The first is 80 year-old Mr Bob cutting trees in the rectory garden. We watched with a mixture of horror and admiration, those of us who could bear to watch. My neighbour took herself out for the day! We have benefited from his daring though as our view has improved tremendously.


















And this is a female sparrowhawk sitting on our hedge, the first we've seen in the garden. A pretty sight but with less pleasing intentions. We hope any baby birds will survive her watching eye and that of the black and white cat who lurks under the golden cypress up the garden. The Kitchen is coming on. Walls are painted, units are in place. The next job is the worktop but rain has stopped that work for today. Very welcome rain for my garden though.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: