Wednesday 26 August 2009

Cookery


The camera has hardly been in use since our holiday so here's one of a balloon floating over the Towy valley. I noticed that when I was away from my cookery books, my culinary imagination was paralysed. I couldn't remember any of the interesting veggie meals I make at home and had to revert to English auto pilot of meat and two veg. Early memories must get really ingrained and even though we might bury them under later sophistication, they pop up when we don't have our props.

We have finished our latest village newsletter and it is ready for distribution. Rather a rush job this time as our friendly printer went on holiday so we had to prepare it before. Since then HoF has been to visit Miss P and I had a pleasant two days alone. Not that I'd like to be permanently alone but for just two days it is quite nice to only have one agenda. Today I took an elderly friend to the Hat Shop, a favourite eatery and who should come peeping through the window but HoF, just returned! Dreary weather today, so a well-timed outing. When the weather improves I will be out picking plums and clearing the veg patch for spinach and green manuring.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: