Thursday 12 November 2009

Happy Birthday to me

For my birthday treat we went out to lunch today at a special place, here. Its an experience not just a meal. You pay for three courses, but in between these you are served mini courses with food that looks like an artwork. One tiny course, served in a dainty cup, had three layers including squid, prunes and cauliflower cheese. Sounds awful? It was delicious. I hadn't realised till I read this site, that it is linked with L'Ortolan where I never did go, in Reading. The cost of the wine was rather a shock, though. Guess we're not quite knowledgeable enough to appreciate that, but my wine certainly tasted delicious.
Yesterday we discovered another perk for the senior citizen. Free swimming! Good therapy for The Foot. If you click on the photo, you'll see there's a special chair to lower the disabled into the water, but HoF was too chicken to use that and managed on his crutches.
For the family history buffs, I now have a subscription to the 1911 census for six months so let me know if you want anything looking up.

No comments: