Wednesday 21 July 2010

Isle of Man continued

Well, we are fully involved in Ancient History now. Because I went to the Isle of Man, and because there is a little museum now in the village where I lived, I am transcribing my father's diary of 1968 and we are going through old slides. Not just of there either because once you start a job like that it becomes a mammoth task. As I type HoF has just discovered ones from our wedding and is trying to identify the people shown. Then there is the problem of which ones to keep and scan and which to chuck. Just how ruthless should we be? I threw away most of my father's diaries and regretted it, will we regret getting rid of slides or are we doing the next generation a favour?
Anyway, back to the present task and here are two boaty ones. The boat from Liverpool to Douglas on which we used to arrive before we took to the skies, and the sailing boat my father kept in Peel Harbour. It was called 'Joker, but we didn't find it much of a joke because we were usually seasick.


How young we were!

Its not a bad task for rainy days and we've had a few of those. In between we had the help of old friend John the Forester to prune a prunus. And then after choir on Monday night we went to the pub and found three men from the Isle of Man supping there who are about to open a restaurant in the area! Coincidence or Godincidence, depending on your world view. 'Brau, brau', we said. (Manx for 'well,well')
Posted by Picasa

No comments: