Saturday 26 April 2008

Treasures


We had an outing, our first since coming back from holiday.
We visited this church which I remember from childhood.

It has a Baroque interior, flamboyant in gold and colourful pictures. The whole interior once belonged to a palace in London, but many years ago was brought here to Great Witley.

We chanced to be there at the same time as a tour guide who pointed out things we would have missed otherwise, such as one of the cherubs is a Downs child, the only such portrayal in England, maybe the world.

It was very beautiful, architecturally if not spiritually. I am studying 'treasures' in the Bible. 'To the Hebrews', says my commentary, 'stores and provisions'. Yesterday I felt I was given some treasures, personally designed. I was brought a memory stick with images of local church registers ready for transcription; I had a letter from a young cousin interested in my booklet about my grandmother; the books I had ordered arrived at the village library; we had friends for coffee. And all for free.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: