Tuesday 11 November 2008

Happy Birthday


Happy Birthday to me!! I start to feel like a ticking time bomb, wondering when the explosion will come. But according to Joan Bakewell on the radio (I almost said wireless) yesterday, old age doesn't start till 70, so I am still middle-aged. Which means I will still be at the top end of the range when my sons become middle-aged!
Speaking of whom, I opened a new jar of Marmite this week and looked at the pristine new surface and remembered when we used to do that together. Which also reminded me of our arrival in the Big Town many years ago, and agreeing to think of one another when Concorde flew over. History.
The picture above is of HoF's works in progress. Our new kitchen looks more and more like an African one, but thankfully in this chilly weather I can still cook a meal indoors. Drying the washing inside isn't so easy though.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: