Saturday 18 December 2010

More snow


Lovely snow, this time like icing sugar, and not very cold either, comparatively. I managed to get HoF out of doors for a half-loop walk after I'd been to the butchers to stock up on beefburgers for next week. He does need prising away from the computer and assorted jobs. We had breakfast in bed too, before dawn, which isn't hard as dawn's so late right now.


Yesterday I made some mince pies and then over-cooked them while I was on Facebook. So I'll have to eat them, won't I, and make some more. Nice problem. According to reports from Miss P who is trying to take a friend to Heathrow, there is plenty of snow down south, so I'm hoping the African grandchildren are getting their fix. Everywhere is so beautiful in the snow but looks rather disgustingly dirty in a thaw. I would like the family to see it looking so wonderful but don't want the snow to prevent their arrival. A local carol service was cancelled today and I'm waiting to see if the Santa Run with Carols on the Green will be too. May not go to that. There are paper chains to make, and a crossword to do...
Posted by Picasa

No comments: