Thursday 7 June 2012

I was there

 I went to Leominster to see the Olympic torch come through, as it was said that Ludlow would be very crowded. Fun but what a razzmatazz. All these huge vehicles coming through trying to get us cheering and hollering and then when the torch did come it went past in no time at all. certainly no time to get a decent photo. Reminded of me of when we waited all day to see the Queen in Suffolk, and all we saw was a blur of yellow hat.
 We have had a busy time getting ready for the Jubilee Day celebrations. The local play readers put on a show which involved many rehearsals. On the day we had the extra perk of being driven to the venue in a vintage automobile.
 Here I am being Cecily Cardew in 'Earnest'. Required quite an effort perhaps to believe that I was the eighteen year-old young lady, and I didn't feel that the bustle helped..........
 And then in the afternoon we were both in the choir performance too. Phew, what a day! The whole village celebrated in style from 8am to midnight with lots of events and eating places.
Now it's pouring with rain (again) but we're quite glad of some space on the agenda.

No comments: