Thursday 8 November 2012

Happy Birthday to me

When I think about it, I've had a really good week.
Monday I went to art class and learned about impasto. First time I'd used a pallet knife since school or college. In the evening to Singing where we learned a specially written song about Bonfire Night. Not that there were any fireworks around then. maybe Halloween has taken over from Guy Fawkes. Although there was a really good display last night in someone's garden which I watched from the landing window.

Tuesday I went to the Diocesan Evangelical Fellowhip and heard a presentation on Thinking Biblically and Ethically. I stayed to lunch too, and hadn't realised it cost extra. Whoops! had to borrow from a friend. Then went to visit a retired missionary who lives in a dinky flat near the market. And back to town in the evening to see 'Hope Springs' a good idea with an imperfect script.

On Wednesday I went to South-town to have a hair cut, and bought wool to knit leg-warmers when I'm away and an art pad for painting when I'm away. Probably won't be needed but it's best to be prepared. Then to visit a friend in hospital who is now reconciled to leaving her lovely home when she is discharged. Which also related to my current thinking on housing for seniors, as there's some land for sale in the village which I rather hope will be put to that use.

Today was spent packing and cleaning, and then I opened my presents at lunchtime as I'll be away on the day. How old? Well, that might be why I'm thinking about housing for seniors, and using that US term rather than 'elderly'. Tonight we're going to a bring and share housegroup meal thingy, to learn about values and vision of the church in town.

And tomorrow?
I'm going to hug my granddaughters.


No comments: