Sunday 13 January 2008

Furniture

I was getting rather stressed with the details of our move, especially with furniture. What to put where, how to arrange rooms, what to buy and spending hours in a furniture store trying to choose the 'right' thing. So I went for a wee trip. And guess what?! I ended up working in a factory workshop helping to make furniture!! What a great sense of humour God has.
I spent two days at the Darvell community in Sussex, where Christians live together 'having all things in common' a logical progression of Jesus teaching. It was a wonderful time which has given me food for thought. And lots of fun moments, like trying to explain to amazed sisters who own nothing, as together we folded sheets in the laundry, just what it was that had stressed me out. Their faces were a picture.
I'm hoping that my problems with earthly possessions are now put in perspective.

No comments: