Saturday 10 January 2009

Overbuzzed

I must have a very low emotional buzz threshold. I find that a quiet and boring life is most conducive to sleeping well. Yesterday was busy. First the prayer meeting, then meeting up with the invited speaker for next month's planned gathering at one of our favourite eateries to share ideas, then to one of those boring white goods emporiums to reduce our list (help, did we choose aright?) and finally an evening visit to a couple with a chequered church history like all of us, who will help make music at said future event. And home to sleep, you would have thought. But no, move to another bed and do puzzles until the small hours until brain finally conked out. And today, that wrung out dish rag feeling.
So time for unchallenging things. Transferred birthdays to new calendar. Bizarre that with 26 family members and 365/6 days for them to be born on, I end up with five doubles, i.e. ten people who share a birthdate. And none in April, June or August. Future grandchildren, please note.
Generally though I don't like numbers. How good it is that Ireland doesn't use postcodes, just good old words for addresses. And oh for the simple days when telephone numbers consisted of a word plus three digits. I'm much more a word person, so it's time now that I had a go at this week's cryptic crossword in my Weekly Telegraph.

No comments: