Monday 26 January 2009

Snowdrops

Signs of spring at last, or rather winter losing it's grip for a mo. Saturday we went to The Weir, a NT place open for us to see snowdrops and the odd primrose appearing. Today I at last went for a walk, from Craven Arms to Halford and beyond and circling back. Very muddy underboot but I was so glad to at least begin to get out for some rambles again.
Last night I went to Film Club, a monthly group for seeing and discussing films of moral content. Not a lot of discussion after, but the film was better than I'd thought from reading the reviews. It was The Lives of Others, a German story set in the former eastern half, about a Stasi agent who develps a conscience.
In fact that's the third film I've seen in almost as many days, the others being The Duchess and A Prairie Home Companion. All good and quite different from each other. At the end of the week Mama Mia is showing in the village.
My new role as editor of village mag is getting under way. First hiccup is that I have to find a new print company. Second is that HoF has purchased a new publishing package that I have to get to grips with....

No comments: