Friday 29 January 2010

Day redeemed

In the end the weather brightened up enough to encourage me into the garden where I raked leaves off the flower beds to let the emerging snowdrops show. Then we went out for lunch in Church Stretton at a place called Acorn, good home-made wholemeal food. Not enough time to browse the interesting shops but on to get that cheap(er) petrol and B&Q Shrewsbury for this year's seed compost and a visit to an elderly friend. She is beginning to get forgetful, couldn't quite place us and said how upset she was that she didn't recognise names on some of her Christmas cards. We had that problem too!
This afternoon I went for a walk, first decent length one since well before Christmas. It was really cold but I was well wrapped up, in spite of some snow and hail. I thoroughly enjoyed it so if you come and stay I'll go again with you! Poor HoF can't walk that far yet and he was stuck at home sorting the church newsletter for the weekend.

No comments: