Tuesday 5 January 2010

New Year


We didn't manage to see the year in on the Eve but ventured out on Saturday for HoF's first walk of any distance, with the sticks (as he says because he can never remember the word 'crutches') down to the river, and in his case, into it.

Bright and sunny and cold. Hard weather for workers and travellers but I enjoy the weather doing what it's meant to at this time of year. So much better than greyness for us. We had more snow today, arriving just as we sat in bed with the first cuppa of the day. It looked so beautiful and the very silence of it is amazing. So we stayed home and I actually did some housework in the morning and then computering in the afternoon. Well it's hard not to, with the puzzles of family history, even if it's not my own I'm working on at the mo.
I did read 60+ books in 2009 though so I must get off the pooter sometimes.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: