Tuesday 13 April 2010

Conference

No photos because I didn't take a camera, but I got home on Saturday from a Christian conference an hour's drive away. It is a sister conference to one we used to go to in Devon, but much handier, and smaller too. Everyone did everything, none of these difficult choices like, which seminar shall I go to? There had been some suggestion from HoF that sitting still long enough might be hard after ten minute Anglican sermons, but it all turned out to be a real treat. Food for the malnourished, you might say. The wonder came to me afresh what lengths the saviour went to to not only forgive us but to give us the life to live now, thoroughly equipped with 'another comforter'. There was no condemnation in the preaching, but liberty and rest, grace and peace. God does not stand over us, like a horrid father at Christmas, ordering us to open our gifts, but holds his arms open wide and says 'this is all for you!'. Why would anyone refuse such a gift?
I'd booked late and had to share a room, so it was quite a surprise to find my room-mate lived only ten miles from our village, considering there were folks there from all over the country. Not too much sleep, so I've been catching up since. Now we have visitors, you may see them in the next blog.

No comments: